Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Mommy Stats

I have decided to start a blog not knowing if anyone will read or if I will ever keep track of it either.  I am pretty bad at starting stuff and not finishing it i.e. the laundry that is sitting in the dryer right now calling my name to be folded.  My hope is that it will be an outlet to all my craziness that happens day to day that most stay at home moms can relate to. Most people do not have the fortunate opportunity to stay at home with their kids and see them grow and mold into little people.  I want to help shape and create their lives.  I want them to have rich memories of a childhood where Mommy was there every step of the way.  I want to give my kids all the opportunities and outlets for creativity that I can expose them to during the little time I have them before Kindergarten.  Not everyone is forwarded these opportunities and as of May I was not either but, my husband landed a great job through all of his hard work that would financially provide for this opportunity.

Which brings me to my 1st stat 1:  The number of incomes that are supporting our family.  In some rather dumb ways this is very important to me.  I have always priding myself in the ability to provide.  I want to know that I am worth something and that I can make my own path in this world.  I hold pride in the fact that I obtained my Masters and Undergrad in 4 years.  I did an amazing job providing for my family while my husband was at school (we were also blessed with generous family as well who helped when we needed it).  I know that I have put my paycheck on hold to do something for my kids that nobody else would ever be able to give them but, I feel a little worthless in a sense.  Now I know every stay at home mom would argue that my job is worth more than any other job and that I am the one who makes the home run and function.  Well why it is VERY true the number scares me nonetheless!
2:  This is the biggest number in my life!!!!  2 kids, 2 years old, 2 car seat, 2 eyes that try to watch them at every second, and most importantly for my sanity 2 hour naps!!!!!  My kids are the 2 best things that have ever happened to me without a doubt!  IT IS HARD AND CRAZY but I would never trade these 2 beautiful girls for the world!  The girls in utero developed a rare disorder that usually (80% of the time) ends in mortality.  The girls had twin to twin transfusion syndrome that developed later on in my pregnancy.  We did not know that they had it unfortunately until after they were born.  If I would not have peed my pants at 2 in the morning I would have never gone to the hospital that night and might not have had been induced.  I am so so so so so so so blessed to have both of my kiddos alive and healthy!  I will truly never be able to thank God enough for my girls.  
3 the number of days all my teacher friends have been back at work planning for the new school year and the number of times I have been brought to tears because of the back to school aisle at Target.  That really was my favorite part of the year.  I love the smell of new supplies, unopened and unused notebooks in the traditional 5 colors, and all the points still on the crayons.  Plus it was the only time all year my room was EVER clean!  I miss you guys a lot and who knows what I'll be like when the kids flood the halls next week and I am not there to see it.
Last but not least 4 the number of pounds I have gained since I have stayed at home.  UGGG I stare at my kids eating all day long and all I want to do is join in!!!!  Hopefully this stat will disappear soon!

Well as Dora draws to an end so do I.  In the words of the bilingual annoying little girl and ridiculous talking monkey friend: Thanks for helping ADIOS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment